So I decided to make a blog post about some Pakistani things and of course some that I really miss :’)
- Having Chai after breakfast, lunch and dinner. Oh did I mention for snacks as well?
- Backyard cricket and street cricket every evening and cricket after every in Ramzan. (Breaking windows and getting yelled at for it is definitely a bonus.)
- The most common excuse in school “sir/madam, homework karliya bas copy lana bhool gayi/gaya” (I did the homework, just forgot to bring it).
- (Primary and elementary school memories) … When the teacher makes you a chicken in front of the entire class
- Obsession with Pakistani and Indian dramas (#IPKKNDfanforever)
- Obsession with Whatsapp and Facebook…. All those forwarded whatsapp text uggghhhh
- Me: “Mom can I go out with my friends”
Mom: “Go ask your dad”
Me: “Dad, can I go out with my friends”
Dad: “Go ask your mom”
- Me: “Mom can I go [out of the city/country] with my friends”.
Mom: “Of course you can once you are married”
- “Light ka ana” (power is back on). That relief, happiness, satisfaction when the power comes back on after going out for hours on end!
- Having Biryani on any occasion! Pakistanis just need an excuse to have biryani 😛
- Collective love for Bollywood songs…. Jo teri khatir tadpe pehle si hi, kya usay tadpana, OOOO Zalimaaaaaaaa
- Having a collection of them :’) and putting them around on streets on 14th August.
- Over-dramatic aunties in your neighborhood who always have the most juiciest gossips about the neighbourhood children.
- Aunties looking for brides for their sons in every mosque, wedding, parties, events and …funeral.
- Showing up to your relatives or friends home without calling or informing them.
- Over concerned mothers about their son being late at night and daughters being 5 minutes late from college/university/school/work.
- Women bargaining with the sabzi wala, kapre wala, darzi …you name it.
- Pakistani boys and their love for riding a bike before their feet even reaches the foot-rest.
- Riding one without a helmet
- Taking your whole family on it. By that I mean, the father, the children and the mother.
- Riding on the sidewalk, small lanes, between cars and trucks. In other words, they always seem to find a way through jammed packed streets.
Follow me on Quora: https://www.quora.com/profile/Syeda-Ratal-Zehra